Saint Quirze and Saint Julita’s Chapel

Add to favorites

Updated: 02/11/2019

C/ Francesc Bartrina, 18
08370 Calella



Ferran Muñoz

Responsable de Calella Film Office

93 766 30 30 ext. 404

It’s an ancient chapel which was exclusively consecrated to Saint Elmo from 1476 to 1798, the year in which the relics of the patrons Saint Quirze and Saint Julita were brought to the chapel. In 1936, the chapel was seriously damaged due to the civil war and its valuable gothic altarpiece disappeared. Its current aspect is the result of the reconstruction carried out in the 1940s by the architect Jeroni Martorell.